OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Prelude is continuing to provide in-person individual and group sessions to patients. Prelude remains diligent in taking steps to protect the health and safety of our employees and patients during the Covid-19 epidemic, and are regularly monitoring information from the CDC and the Iowa Department of Public Health. We would like to take this opportunity to share the latest steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of virus while still adhering to our mission of providing services to patients.
Prelude encourages our employees to take common sense health precautions, such as frequent hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and most importantly, staying home if they are not feeling well. Employees are also screening their health and temperature when arriving to work each day. When at work, employees are instructed to practice social distancing whenever practical.
We want to ensure that patients feel safe when visiting Prelude, therefore we want to share how things might look different upon your next visit.
- We have increased our schedule of cleaning in communal areas and provided all staff with additional cleaning products for their offices. All staff have been asked to frequently clean their works pace and after utilizing any of our works paces for patient visits.
- We have reduced the number of chairs in our waiting rooms to allow for greater social distancing. Patients may wait in chairs outdoors or in their vehicles and they will be asked to enter the offices when their appointment begins.
- All patients should check their temperature and consider their health before coming to Prelude for an in-person session. Upon arriving, you will be asked some health screening questions. If our staff determine that you are not well enough for face to face appointment that day, patients will be provided instructions to reschedule or an option for a telehealth session.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask during services, if you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one.
- Patients are expected to practice social distancing with our staff and others who may be waiting for their appointments. You will also be expected to practice good hand hygiene through frequent hand washing or by using available hand sanitizer.
- Patient sessions may occur in different offices than you are used to, to allow for greater social distancing.
- Staff will be wearing face masks, and in some cases, face shields.
- Group sessions will have a limited number of people who can attend in-person; and there may be groups that blend telehealth and in-person participants together.
Telehealth services will continue to be available for those patients able and interested in that service, but only for as long as regulations permits that method of service delivery. This will be provided using Zoom, a HIPAA compliant audio and video software application. Call our front desk for questions or assistance getting connected.
- For more information on what to expect during a telehealth session, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olgs6mMXt6U
Prelude will continuing to monitor the Covid-19 situation and modify and adapt strategies as needed based on guidance issued by IDPH and the CDC so that we can quickly respond to changing conditions. We remain committed to providing service to patients and we pledge to communicate with both patients and staff, if there are any additional modifications needed in order to safeguard the health of everyone at Prelude.