Getting Sober Takes Work –
But You Can Do It
Alcohol Addiction Recovery at Prelude Behavioral Services
While some people can enjoy a beer or cocktail in moderation, for others, the temptation to engage in risky drinking behavior can feel too great to overcome. Oftentimes, we are blinded to how our drinking affects others—and even ourselves. If you have noticed any of the following, it could be a warning sign that it’s time to get help:
- Trouble concentrating or preforming at school or work
- Bodily injuries like bruises or cuts that you can’t explain
- Lapses in memory or trouble remembering events or conversations
- Legal problems arising from alcohol use
- Difficulty maintaining relationships with loved ones
- Drinking more or more often than you would like to
When You’re Ready to Quit—
We’re Here to Help
Alcoholism isn’t a lack of willpower—it’s a disease that can be treated and managed with the right care and support.
Prelude Behavioral Services offers nonjudgmental, evidence-based treatment to help you live your life free from the demands of addiction. We’re not here to punish or shame you—we’re here to help you build a life that is more fulfilling, satisfying and rewarding.
We take a person-centered approach to care, creating individualized plans based on your recovery goals and what works best for you. While everyone’s journey to recovery looks a little different, they all start off on the same path—with a call for help.
Get Started Is as Easy as 1-2-3
1. Give us a call, day or night, and tell us what you’re struggling with. We promise to treat every caller with dignity and respect, and to help them find the treatment they need to heal. We’re there for you at every step along your journey, starting the very second you reach out.
2. Schedule your assessment. Once we have some background, we’ll meet face-to-face to talk about your concerns and better understand your needs. In response to COVID-19, we’re taking extra precautions to ensure your safety during your visit. We also continue to offer virtual assessments for patients unable to meet in person at this time.
3. At the end of your assessment, we’ll recommend a course of treatment that aligns with your goals for recovery, so you can get started right away.
Addiction can make you feel isolated—but you are not alone. Reach out to Prelude now and start your journey to recovery with a supportive team on your side.
Concerned for a friend or a loved one? Your support can help them seek the treatment they need. Give us a call at 319-351-4357 (Iowa City) or 515-262-0349 (Des Moines) to learn what you can do to get them on their path to recovery.